- Critical Success Factors in Open Source Projects’ Stakeholder Management [EN]
- Критични фактори за успех в управлението на заинтересованите страни при технологични проекти с отворен код [BG]
In recent decades, we have seen a growing interest in IT projects, based on open source – from the development of system and application software to even the hardware industry. Today, open source is the basis of some of the most successful software products – operating systems, web servers, web browsers, different content management systems, database technologies, businesses applications and many others… Despite its growing presence and influence in the tech world, the study of managing open source projects remains limited.
Considering that the core of open source is the participation of different stakeholders on the principle of voluntary sharing and cooperation, efficient management of this participation becomes a key condition, leading to the achievement of project objectives. This in turn defines critical success factors exploration as a main problem of interest – what is the set of requirements that are most important to the successful management of relationships between stakeholders and the project.
In view of the relevance of the theme and the importance of the issues touched, stakeholder management in open source projects is defined as an object of study in my PhD thesis, with critical success factors as subject of research. The aim of the dissertation is by studying the existing theory and practice, to derive and analyze from relational and significance perspective, the set of critical success factors in managing stakeholders in open source projects.
The central thesis in my research work is that there is a specific set of critical success factors in the management of project stakeholders, applicable to open source projects, and that those factors can be displayed and classified in order to improve the management of this type of projects, enhancing their application and distribution further into the world of IT and beyond that.
Additional Information: TU CSSB | Git Hub | Research Gate | Academia Edu | ORCID | Google Scholar | Open Science Framework | Fig Share | Mendeley | Slide Share | Semantic Scholar | Undergraduate Course Work
Published Works [2015-2020]:
- Andreev, O., Daskalov, H. (2019). A framework for managing student data through blockchain. Selected and extended papers from X-th ISC „Е-governance and E-communications“, published on SSRN´s eLibrary, R&DS of TU-Sofia, Bulgaria. – cited in “Blockchain Technology Applications in Education”
- Andreev, O., Daskalov, H. (2018). Decentralized blockchain innovations in the field of higher education. HEInnovate: Supporting Institutional Change in Higher Education, Ruse University, Bulgaria.
- Andreev, O., Daskalov, H. (2018). Open source project management, based on critical success factors exploration: the case of OS.University. Proceedings from the 11th International Conference on Digital Economy & Blockchain Technologies, Varna, Bulgaria. – cited in the “International Scientific Journal Innovations”, issue 4/19
- Daskalov, H. (2019). A method for exploring the effect of the application of alternative forms of incentivization for high performance. XVII International Scientific Conference “Management and Engineering”, Sozopol, Bulgaria.
- Daskalov, H. (2018). Academia 4.0 – University on the Blockchain. Center for Shared Science & Business, TU Sofia.
- Daskalov, H. (2018). OS.University – Career registration on the blockchain. Career Registration National Conference – Insights, Innovation & Impact (poster session), Senate House – University of London.
- Daskalov, H. (2017). Application of cryptocurrency innovation beyond the financial world. The case of the blockchain as a medium for organization of Academia-Business cooperation. Monetary Research Center, UNWE.
- Daskalov, H. (2017). Involvement of Academia in social innovation, based on human-centered design – the case of the “Open Source University” project. Proceedings of the Annual Scientific Conference on Economics & Entrepreneurship. Faculty of Engineering Economics and Management, RTU.
- Daskalov, H. (2017). Managing stakeholders’ engagement in social innovation projects – learnings from the online world of open source innovation. Economics, Management, Finance & System Engineering from the Academic and Practitioners Views. Proceeding of Selected Papers. Brno University of Technology.
- Daskalov, H. (2017). Open public policy innovations, supporting the growth of the digital SMEs in the context of Industrial Revolution 4.0. Journal of Industrial Management. TU-Sofia.
- Koleva, N., Daskalov, H. (2018). Management of projects for open collaboration within the “knowledge triangle” on a local and regional level. Proceedings from the 16thInternational Conference on Management & Engineering, Sozopol, Bulgaria.